it is a high performance, neutral cure silicone sealant designed particularly for bonding mirrors.
– Non-corrosive to mirrors.
– One component, moisture-cured.
– Resistant to temperature extremes (-60 °C to +180 °C)
– Fast curing.
– Highly elastic.
– %100 Silicone, solvent less.
– Very low odor.
– Bonding mirrors.
– Glazing works.
– Sealing applications where a low odor is required.
STORAGE AND SHELF LIFE
The shelf life is 15 months if stored in unopenedoriginal package at room temperature.
Triplesil ® Mirror is not over paintable. It must not be used in totally confined spaces where sealant cannot cure due to lack of atmospheric moisture. Avoid direct contact to food.
– Ensure that surfaces to be sealed are clean, dry and grease free.
– The application temperature must be between +5 °C and +40 °C.
– If more than one mirror will be bonded, min 1-2 cm space should be left between mirrors. (For air circulation).
– If the sealant will be applied on a vertical surface, it should be between 3-5 mm thick , 10-30cm long (depends on the length of mirror) and approximately 3-7 cm space should be left between sealant lines.
– Sealant applications like circle or rectangle shaped would block the air circulation. Because of this, in course of time, degradation of mirror might happen.
– In 5-10 minutes the mirror has to be bonded to the surface after sealant application.
– After bonding, for preventing the mirror from slipping down, the mirror should be fixed with tool like a tape etc. For a better bonding, this fixing application should be done vertical, not horizontal.
– For full curing, at least 24 hrs should be waited after application (depends on thickness of sealant, humidity in the air and temperature).
– Excess uncured sealant may be cleaned with solvent. Cured sealant can be removed barely mechanically.